Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Week and One Day...

In one week and one day we will be finding out if Baby R is a girl or boy. I can't wait! Our appointment is at 2:00 on March 9th. My mom is going with us too. Hopefully the baby will cooperate and give us some good pictures.
There are a lot of opinions on what the gender will be. My mom, dad, and I think it is a girl, while Joe and Ryan think it is a boy. I have a bet going with Joe and Ryan. If they are wrong, they have to each eat a jar of baby food (and not the good kind). They haven't told me what I have to do if I am wrong. Whatever the outcome, I will be excited just to be able to finally find out. Joe really wants a boy so he can have his Red Sox fan to watch games with (apparently I'm not enough company). Even if it is a girl I'm sure she will get into the games too. We have found some really cute Red Sox clothes, blankets, etc in pink and also in blue so I'm sure we will have plenty of Red Sox stuff for baby. Friends and family have also put in there opinion as to what it is. Half think girl, the other think boy. Who will be right????? We will have to wait!
The baby's room is finally getting cleaned out. We got rid of the old broken futon, and someone is coming to get the dresser that we had in there. There is also an armoire that my brother is taking and a side table that my mom wants. As soon as we get that stuff out, our friends said they would bring over the crib and changing table. Joe will be very busy putting together that plus the shelf and dresser we bought at IKEA. We will have to put Ryan to work too! Once the nursery is ready I think it will really set in (even more than now) that there will be a little one in the house.
Not only am I excited about the baby, but I am also excited that we will be in the new hospital. It will only be a few months old, so it will be really nice. We will definitely have to take a tour so we don't get lost!

I can't believe that in about four months there will be a baby in the house. Time is flying (and hopefully the labor and delivery does too).

No comments: