Tuesday, March 24, 2009

24 Weeks and 1 Day...

WOW...Time has really been flying! I can't believe it has been 24 weeks already. In twelve days, I will have less than 100 days until the due date. I am very excited.
We have decided on a name. We have had this name for a while, (thanks to my mom for thinking of it) and I knew as soon as I heard it, we would have to name her that.
Kylie Jo will be here in July (if not before).
We are trying to get everything ready. This last weekend I got a whole box full of really cute baby clothes. Our top two drawers of the dresser are already filled! Thank-you very very much to Jenny (and of course Sophia)!!! Yesterday we found some stencils of flowers, butterflies, and dragonflies to paint in the nursery. Actually, Joe picked them out. They will go perfect with the bedding that we picked out. Mom bought me some curtains (actually sheers) to put on the windows in the nursery. One set is a bright green and the other is a pink. I can't wait to finish the decorating (even though we have quite a way to go). We still have to get the crib and changing table from our friends. I think the nursery will be very cute once we get done. I'm so blessed and happy to have such a crafty and creative mom who helps me pick out stuff and decorate (and who also passed some of her craftiness to me)!

Joe and Ryan held up their end of the bet. Joe picked out baby Mac N Cheese for them to eat. We bought two jars thinking they would each eat a jar, but after smelling it we decided that one bite would be enough. Joe took a bite first and almost swallowed it, but he said his gag reflex kicked in, so he spit it out. Ryan took a bite next, and the look on his face was priceless. I wish I had my camera. He too spit it out! The rest went into the trash! After the yummy (yucky) baby food, we took Ryan to lunch for pizza to get the bad taste out of his mouth.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

You're a sweet crafy daughter!

Jenny said...

You and your mom are both wonderfully and thoughtfully crafty. As evidenced by the sweet cookbooks and aprons you gifted to the girls this Christmas. You are more then welcome for the clothes. David and I continue to hope and pray for one more little one but I could no longer watch the little clothes sit lonely without a sweet little baby body to warm them. They are yours to do keep. Keep the bin too, as a new mommy saving clothes you will need it. I will be glad to hand you whatever respectable hand me downs Sophia has left after she is done with them. When I was a new mommy I was thankful for a new closet that didn't break our bank thanks to Jessica and Jennifer. I am so excited for you both, and Kylie Jo is such a fun, pretty, joyful name.

Brittany said...

YAY!! I'm so excited it's a girl!! :) I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

PS: I LOVE the name! :)