Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shopping Trip for Baby

On Monday, Mom, Joe, and I headed down to Round Rock to go to IKEA. They were having a one day special on a dresser (for the nursery) that was normally $80, and on sale for $40. We got down there about 9, and found out they did not open 10 so we headed over to Starbucks. Even though I couldn't get my normal cappuccino, I got a chocolate/banana shake. It was good. The trip to Starbucks only took 15 minutes so we still had 45 minutes until they opened. We were just going to sit in the car until the doors opened, but we noticed that people were lining up outside. We decided to stand in the cold and wait. It looked like it was the day after Thanksgiving, there were so many people waiting outside. IKEA workers came down the line and passed out coupons which meant that we would definitely get the dresser we came for. Luckily they decided to open the doors early, and we only had to stand in the cold for about ten minutes. Once inside we got a cart and started to look around. We were also looking for a shelf I had seen online. The store was very crowded. It was difficult to make it through the store without almost running into people. We looked around and found some cute stuff. Mom got a few items, and we got a toy holder for the nursery. We also found some baby bedding that I have decided that I want to get if we find out we are having a girl. It is so cute!! After looking at all that we wanted we had to get in the long line to wait for our dresser. We had to stand in a certain line for the certain color dresser that we wanted. We stood in line for about 20 minutes and then got the dresser. We also found the shelf that I had looked at. I am glad we got there when we did because if we had gotten to the store any later, we probably wouldn't have been able to buy the dresser. They were sold out by 11:30am! My mom bought us the dresser...a nice surprise. After checking out we started home. We were all very tired. Shopping wore us out! The store was huge! (I was feeling it for the rest of the day). On the way home we stopped at 'Little Mexico' for lunch...YUMMY! After lunch we headed back home. Joe slept in the backseat (he had worked the night before, so he didn't have any sleep), and Mom and I stopped for some ice cream after lunch. Once we got home, Joe went straight to bed and slept until it was time to get up to get ready for work. I took a nap for a few hours, and then couldn't get back to sleep. (I was very tired that night at work...could barely keep my eyes open).
The dresser and the shelf are going in the nursery. All of our furniture in there will be white. We are borrowing a crib and changing table from our friends. All we are missing is a glider and ottoman. We are going to start clearing out the extra room tomorrow after we get up. We have to get rid of an old futon, an armoire, and a dresser that I used at my mom's. I also have to put all of my craft stuff somewhere else. We are going to be very busy tomorrow! I will be glad when the furniture is set up because all we will need are the decorations and other baby stuff (clothes, toys, etc) and the room will be ready for Baby Rogers! I am very excited. I can't believe that I am already 19 weeks along. In one week I will be half way there! In about four months, we will be a family of three! Time is flying.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hey - did you copy my blog pattern? Thats quite alright if you did!! Love you ~ Mom