Kylie had her six month checkup on January 8th. She is 26 1/4 inches tall and 13lbs 3oz. She is tiny! I think she takes after her mama (at least when I was younger). The doctor said her weight doesn't really match her height. She needs to weigh more. She eats every three hours, but is constantly kicking or moving around so she doesn't gain any weight (I wish I had that problem). The doctor also started her on solid foods which he said will help her gain weight. We started her on oatmeal which she likes, and yesterday she got her first taste of bananas and strawberries. I think she really liked that. We are trying to give her a new kind of food every week to get her to try everything. We want to make sure she isn't allergic to anything. It didn't take her long to master the spoon. She gets excited when I am making her oatmeal and will try and get the bowl before I can mix it up. She eats a bowl full in less than 15 minutes. We got her a high chair yesterday so now she can eat at the table like us. My dad bought her the high chair and I know she is going to love eating at the table like everyone else does (when we do get to eat as a family).
KYLIE FACTS:
Loves to "talk" all of the time (I wonder where she gets that from)
Has two teeth on the bottom front
Loves to smile and play
Wakes up happy...she is defintely a morning person
Can sit up by herself without help
Can hold her own bottle
Trying to crawl
Likes to stand while holding onto our fingers
Still sleeps all night (thank goodness)
Takes her pacifier in and out of her mouth constantly
Likes to chew on the opposite side of the pacifier
(as seen in the picture below)
Loves baby food (at least the ones she has tried so far)
Likes to hang out with daddy and watch NCIS
Likes to give kisses to mommy and daddy and eskimo kisses to YaYa
She is still the best baby in the world (in my opinion)
I LOVE her smile and laugh.






1 comment:
She is a doll. Sleeps through the night!!! That is something to be thankful for indeed. The first 1 1/2 years with Sophia was tough in this area. She sleeps great now and doesn't mind naps but oh, boy. I was thankful then that she ate and drank easily and was only sick once because the sleep thing was doing me in. Blessings to you, Joe and your precious girl.
Post a Comment