Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We Are On Our Way!!!

In about an hour and a half, Joe and I will be headed to the hospital. We have to be there at 5am! I have been up since 2:15a and for some reason I can't sleep (I don't know why not :) ). The C-Section is scheduled for 7:30am and should take about an hour. The doctor said Kylie will be out in the first 15 minutes, so by 7:45 (or so) we will be parents!!!! I am really getting nervous (and excited) now! It seems like just yesterday we were looking at her little heartbeat on the monitor and now she is going to be here today! I'm ready for her to be here.
We had our last appointment on Monday. Doctor did another ultrasound and she said it looks like Kylie is going to weigh about 8 and 1/2 pounds! She said that is a good size. ( A very healthy baby). Definitely takes after her daddy :) We will see if the doctor's measurements are accurate.
We got everything finished up today. We had the main stuff done, but there were last minute details we had to finish. We put the carseat in the car, set up the nursery monitor, and shopped for last minute groceries (since I probably won't be out for a little while :) )
We enjoyed our last day as a family of two. We had our last lunch "out" at Zeb's. For our final "date night" we rented a movie (Madea Goes to Jail....funny) and got Chinese takeout for dinner. I told Joe to listen to the quiet because it won't be like that anymore (he said until she goes off to college :) ).

1 comment:

The Broaddus Family said...

congrats! how exciting! you'll have to post pictures asap! =)